All I can say is Wow to the cheesy Sweet Potato Chips. I loved them so much that Samantha and I ate them ALL today! Oops=-) Mental note to make more next time and to exhibit some self control. hahaha
Here is Alissa Cohen's recipe:
2 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Amino's
1/2- 1 cup of nutritional yeast
1. peel, then slice Sweet Potatoes in a spiral slicer or mandolin
2. Combine the water and B.L.A. in a large bowl
3. Marinate the S. Potatoes in the mixture for at least 5 minutes. [I did 15 min and will do a little longer next time]
4. Drain the chips and then lay them flat an the dehydrator screen.
5. Dust the chips with the yeast. Alissa likes to coat them heavily for a real cheese flavor[I did to]
6. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 8 to 10 hours or until crispy
Honestly...... I can't believe how good these are!