Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chocolate Mousse and Hazelnut Vanilla Cookies





Anyone who knows me knows that I am the Chocolate Mousse Queen! I had a base recipe and have been making it differently for the past year! Sometimes I will add different Superfoods! I like to sprinkle Goji Berries on top!! Goji Berries, Cacao, Carob ....... OH MY!!!!
Here is the recipe I make most often for my Chocolate Mousse!
~CHOCOLATE MOUSSE/ PUDDING~
4 Medium Avocado's
1/2 cup soaked dates[save date water to use for recipe]
1/3 cup Cacao powder[add more or less to your taste] this amount adds a milk chocolate taste
1/4 cup carob powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract[only if you like=-)]
1/3 cup of date water or add for the consistency you like!!
sprinkle cinnamon on top optional but helps with digestion of these ingredients!
I dip all kinds of Berries in it as well as oranges, apples, bananas, & more
Put it all in the food processor and then enjoy!
HAZELNUT VANILLA COOKIES
I went Heathy's last post on her incredible blog and I saw that she used a recipe from Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney to make the wonderful cookies on her post! I have the book, jumped up, and made the cookies! You see the result[what's left of it=-)]! The dough was so good!! It almost didn't make it to the dehydrator. My kids and I could not stop "sampling it"!
I had to change it because I was out of almond extract! Thanks for the inspiration Heathy!!!
13/4 cups dried Coconut
3/4 cup of almond flour
3/4cup cashew flour
3/4cup grade B pure maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
11/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
pinch sea salt[I forgot to put this in]
I shaped them and put them in the dehydrator 12 hours
They were so good right out of the D. Slightly firm on top, warm and soft in the middle! I will be making these again.
Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney is another one of my books that I use often=-)
LOVE ALWAYS


No comments:

Post a Comment